View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 06:53 AM   #15
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote: (the quote feature didn't work correctly) "RowdysMom...I know what your saying about the chemicals. Those flea products are pesticides that is being put on our pets.... I was reading on this last year..... It made me sick thinking about putting it on my dog... I use a flea shampoo that's made w/ neem oil. I hope that's better.... I tried to apply the D.E. (fossil shell flour) on his coat but his hair felt awful... The D.E. is fairly cheap to use to kill all kinds of bugs & it's safer. ...I've treated half the lawn w/ milky spores for grubs & that was a bit costly, I still have to do the rest"

From RowdysMom:
Yes, flea shampoo with neem oil is good!!! So is dawn dishwahsing liquid - but it may be too harsh for your baby, not sure.

Do you have a fenced yard or do your babies run the whole acreage? If you have a fenced area, use nematodes there and then use DE around the perimeter - it should help.

I would have to look at the container - they usually say how many square feet that the amount of nematodes you are buying covers. The amount I buy is about $25.00 and it covers my yard and my daughter's yard - we both have just average city size lots - not very big.

LOL! The nematodes are not frogs - they are MICROSCOPIC organisms and yes, I think they look worm like - if you were looking under the microscope.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!