Thread: Airline Travel
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #10
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

[QUOTE=bornnygurl;957661]Sorry to hijack your thread...but this I don't get this. There are people who are deathly allergic to certain scents and perfumes but are not allergic to dogs. So this is not a good excuse! I have flown all the time home with my dachshund girls as carry-on. They make such a stink about them being all the way under the seat (hidden). It also upsets me that I have to pay upwards of ($60) each way (only $50 for AirTran) and I can't even put the carrier in my lap. Yet (no offense to people with children) someone else can hold their child in their lap and pay nothing for them. *end rant*. [QUOTE]

I feel the same way. If I have to pay to bring them on board, there should be a little more leniency. I disagree completely about needing to keep the carrier under the seat the entire flight as well. Anything else that is stowed only needs to remain that way during take-off and landing.

I have also heard that you are supposed to keep the dogs in the carrier at all times while inside the airport. I didn't do that either. While waiting for flights and as soon as the plane landed, she was in my arms!! I didn't have a single person say anything to me. On the Chicago-Detroit flight segment where the plane was full, I had the carrier on my lap the entire flight. The floor boards were just way too cold. I had an aisle seat and all 4 flight attendants walked by several times before the plane took off and no one said a word to me. It wasn't until we were descending and Angel got sick and started howling that anyone even knew I had a pup on board - and then the other passengers just wanted to see her.

Speaking of having an aisle seat - that is also a good idea as the space under the seat of the window seat gets much colder than an aisle does!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!