Thread: Airline Travel
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
sandshara
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Flying

Hi there~
Just wanted to let you know that I flown with my Bebe and it is fairly easy. Just be FORWARNED DO NOT TAKE YOUR YORKIE OUT OF THE CARRIER or they will have you ARRESTED!!hahahahha I got into it so bad with the flight attendtend that we almost reported him to the airline. We were boarding and putting the carrier under the seat and when you lay it down I had to rearrange hs blanket so he was comfortable. Now mind you-I took the dog and lifted him in my arm while I was bent over the carrier to rearrange the blanket and the flight attendent (male gay guy) was so nasty-he says MAM PUT THE DOG BACK IN THE CARRIER!!! I szid sir I am just rearranging his blanket and he is back in the carrier. I said trust me we know that you are not suppose to take them out. He says "WELL WHY DID YOU THEN MAME? I said SIR-he is back inthe carrier no problem here. So the jerk goes up to the CO-PILOT and has him come back and tell me I am not allowed to take the dog out of the carrier. By this time Iwas so embarressed that I wanted to cry. I said hes in the carrier-there is no problem here. The Co-Pilot was very nice but he says"people can be allergic to your pet and that is why you cannot take him out" I just looked at him and said "okay" My husband was so close to telling off the attendent but I begged him not to stoop to this jerks level that he was not worth it and apparently needed some attention. I PAID $130 for my furbaby to fly and was never so humiliated in my life. I said something to the reservations this time around booking our flight for our March trip but she just apologized. This was on Airtran. So beware-and cautious if you have to open the carrier for any reason. Our vet gave us a mild sedative for Bebe and I gave him a 1/4 of the pill but he never went to sleep and was fine but nervous the entire time we flew. I hand paint carriers for planes and the one I currently have works out great. It is wheeled so you can just roll them on board like a carry on. If interested check out my link below my name. Hope this helps you in anyway.
Yorkie Smiles
sandshara is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!