View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
mzzy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Food causing Hyperness?

I just have a quick little question for all of you (since you're WAY more knowledgable than I am at this point)

I've had Missy now for almost 2 weeks. When I got her, she was on Purina Puppy Chow (Optimal Start) I was told to keep her on that for a week and if i wanted to introduce new food to slowly mix it in until she's weened off it for another week.

Ok, so i go to the pet store to find food... and to my horror, this food is BAD!!! The pet store guy said that putting her on PRO PLAN would be better, now reading up more information on PRO PLAN, i realize it's not all THAT MUCH better... we're gonna move her onto another brand of food that's more natural, but I talked to the VET and she said that it's not good to switch up her food so soon... that i should finish off this bag, then ween her off again close to the end of the bag (mind you, it's not a huge bag... just a small one so i don't mind doing that) BTW, thanks everyone for the tips on all the good types of food out there!!!

Anyway, back to my question... now that she's more on PRO PLAN than Puppy Chow, Missy is CRAZY!!! She's completely hyper... and not only for 2 hours like she used to be... she's hyper ALL THE TIME!!!

So again, back to my question... (did i even get to it before? LOL) Is it possible that the new food is giving her more energy which is causing this crazy puppy to be so hyper? OR could it be that she's just at a stage where she's more comfortable with us and this is just a natural part of her growing up? I did read that Yorkies tend to be more hyper... but seriously, SHE'S CRAZY!!! if you could only know what she's doing... for example, she's actually looking more like a rabbit... jumping up and down, running or even hopping all over the condo really FAST!!! Digging, trying to jump off everything, and when you hold her, she's trying to wiggle out of your arms so she can run!!! She used to take naps with us, now she doesn't even do that!!! Not that i don't love it.. i love it.. but i'm worried that there's some kind of UPPER or something in the food that may be causing her to be crazy!! My bf thinks it's the food... so i told him I would confirm that on here... since you guys are all so great at giving opinions and answers from your own experiences...

Just a note for more info... Missy was brought home at 10 weeks... and now is approaching 12 weeks old...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!