Thread: Airline Travel
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Welcome to Yorkie Talk!!!

My only experience flying with a pup was bringing Angel home from Kansas. She did really well, but wasn't crazy about the carrier. She much preferred being in my arms!! She did throw up at the end of the 2nd flight during our descent, but was fine afterwards.

The floor boards can get really cold during this time of year, so make sure your baby is warm with a nice blanket and probably a sweater as well. Depending on your flight crew, you might not be able to take your baby out during the flight. But, if your baby starts to whine - once you are airborn you should at least be able to put the carrier on your lap and comfort your pup (but you'll need to put him back under the seat for landing). Depending on how long the flight is, you can always put a piddle pad down on the bathroom floor and give them a chance to "go" as needed.

Hopefully you have already called the airline you are flying to make the reservation to carry on your pup. All airlines require this advance notice as they only allow two animals on board. And, you will have to go to the counter when you arrive at the airport to pay for carrying them on (anywhere from $50-90 each way). Some airlines require a heath certificate within 10 days from your vet as well. Make sure you have everything you need. Best to err on the side of doing too much rather than getting to the airport and being told you can't take your baby with you. Good luck!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!