View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
Pattie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

You didn't say how old she was, nor did you say IF you tried dry food. You didn't say if you had other sibling babies.

I have 3 Yorkies, the first 2 ate anything and everything I gave them. When I first got #2 Sissy, Chloe #1 wanted her puppy food, Sissy #2 wanted her adult food. When I got Starr #3 she refused puppy food, I tried what the breeder gave her, I tried leaving her in a x-pen alone with her food, I started buying every style/brand of puppy food around. The only way I could get her to eat puppy food was to boil chicken, dice it tiny and mix together really good. She would still pick out the chicken but she got some of the puppy food as well but still wanted the dry adult 1 yr Iams food that I was giving to Chloe & Sissy. I tried everything in the world to get her to eat puppy food. It was a challenge. Once she was out of the x-pen more, she made sure she hit the bowl of adult food, by the time she went back into the x-pen she was full. Needless to say I gave in, she now eats adult iams with the older ones. I know she should be on puppy food but with 2 others it was way too differcult and I could not justify picking up the other 2's dry food bowl because of her so this is what they all eat. BTW They don;t like other brands any longer. I say dice some chicken if you are worried she won't eat even if you don;t give in by day 3, and little by little start putting less and less chicken in, if you see she loses interest, add more again. If you have more then one, try what I did. I do know they will not allow themselves to starve to death like some senior citizens do! I also think it is hard for you since you don;t know if the original owners gave her steak everynight! Good luck and keep us posted when you find something that works.........
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!