View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #12
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Nature's Variety isn't a yucky raw food like you would envision it. The type I use comes in what they call 'medallions' which are little round things that look like a very thick burger and they are frozen. I feed each of the boyz 1 medallion for breakfast and one for supper (it goes by their weight and activity level) so each night I put 2 medallions in a snack bag (2 bags, 4 medallions for the next day) and put it in the fridge to thaw for morning. I bought little Corelle berry bowls for their meals so I put 1 medallion in each bowl and pull it apart with 2 forks so it's in bite sized pieces. They absolutely love it! NV also makes dry kibble but the frozen medallions seem to keep them full all day and they don't go to their dry food bowl very much at all...I'm sure at some point I will take the bowl away altogether but for now it's there for my peace of mind. Raw meat also has a lot of liquid in it so they don't drink as much water throughout the day. Their teeth are clean and white, there's no bad breath and no bad smell around their face...no smelly or messy poops and no gas issues. I have only been feeding them NV for about 3 weeks now and I can't imagine going back to canned food! For snacks I give them a variety of fruits and veggies.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!