Thread: Rabies Shots
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 05:32 AM   #4
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

I hope that what I say doesn't spark a heated debate, but I'm assuming she's one of those who doesn't vax at all. I know someone who does that, and they seem to believe that the dogs build natural immunity from their environment. Now this person I know, I believe she does give rabies because it is required for the county license, but she doesn't do any of the other vaccines.

To me, it is like the group of people who don't vaccinate their children. A lot of them believe that vaccinations are so bad that they are what are really making their kids sick. They believe, like the anti-vaccination dog people, that people can develop natural immunity from their environment. What I hear is, "so and so has never been sick, so I guess that proves it."

To me, what it proves is that they are in an environment where everyone already vaccinates, and therefore, the chances of them getting these diseasses is lessened because of THAT.

I think it is frightening. All we need is more unvaccinated dogs to start carrying the diseases into areas that might not have them if they were vaccinated.

Just my $.02.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!