View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #10
JillandJack
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I got Pixie a few weeks ago because I wanted to have 2 Yorkies, I also have a pom, abd I thought Cali would like a playmate since she always wants to be by my pom who doesn't like to be bothered. But I guess I was wrong, Cali isn't real happy with Pixie, They are starting to play/fight but Pixie is pretty rough and Cali is a very quiet laid back girl. I love having her and I hope Cali grows to love her. I am glad I got an older puppy, Pixie is 13 months old and Cali is 20 months old, I think a puppy would have been too much for Cali. I think it depends on the dogs personalities but others with more experience say they eventually grow to love each other.
Patti...I know what you are going through. We added Kenzi to our family in November. She was 10 months at the time. My Jilly was the same age. It was NOT love at first site. It was touch and go for the first two weeks. As time has passed things have improved. It has been 2 1/2 months now and and the fighting has stopped, the two play well together and they have even been seen snuggling in the same bed together. Jack and Kenzi has been pals since she arrived. It was the alpha dog principal. I established that I was the alpha dog and things are good. But I did wonder that first week "What the heck did I do"? Just be patient reassure Cali that she will always be your #1 and hoping things get better for you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!