View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 06:47 AM   #11
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Connie, I am so terribly sorry! I, too, know what you are going through. I lost my precious Mother last July and had to endure some of the same things. My two brothers & younger sister had not even visited Mother very often the last few years and it broke her heart. I flew home every month or so and spent every minute of my time at home with her and I listened to her cry and ask "Was I not a good Mother?" or "Have I done something to cause my children & grandchildren to stay away?" It broke my heart and I made excuses for them for the longest time and finally just didn't know what to say. I always told her what a wonderful Mother she was [and she was!]. For the last year of her life, she would tell me how much she loved me and she would always tell me "You are my good child!" In the days following her death, every time I would feel disgust/pity for my siblings and feel like lashing out ... I would very clearly hear my Mother's voice saying "You are my good child!" and I would feel the most incredible peace! Like a robot I handled all her affairs [settling her estate, disposing of what property that they had not already taken from her every chance they had, etc.]. The Estate Attorney assured me after looking over Mother's will that I was "Sole Heir", but I gave them everything they were entitled to and feel that I handled everything the way Mother wanted it, carrying out her every wish!

Didn't mean to make this so long .... just want you to know that the important thing now is peace for yourself and for Judy. You two will have no guilt or regret for how you cared for your Mom and she knew that you loved her and I'm certain that she was very proud of you! That's the most important thing of all! We all love you and if there is anything at all that we can do, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!