View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 01:41 AM   #1
alonsdale
Yorkie Talker

Default Sleeping on our cosy bed vs the kitchen

Hi there. Millie our yorkie is 10 months old and has been with us since an 8 week old pup. For the most part of her life with us she has comfortably slept in the kitchen at night in her crate initially and then her bed. She used to settle down relatively well and had access to her pad, water etc. At Christmas we had some time off from work and as a 'treat' we let her sleep with us. 6 weeks later she has been spending every night with us. She curls up into a tiny little doughnut, finds a place and stays there till morning. Recently she has been waking us up with mad growls and barking because she's heard something outside (we sleep with the window open). Sometimes she can wake up in a frenzie 2/3 times a night and it has made us re-think having her with us as we have been in such a deep sleep it has your heart racing! The last 2 evenings, we have walked her, played with her, let her have some time on the bed with us and then taken her down to her bed in the kitchen and given her treats trying to settle her. She has cried and cried and cried, scratched the door and just won't let up. In your opinion, do you think she will ease back into sleeping in the kitchen or have we well and truly 'done it this time'!? After 2 hours last night, i gave in (through fear of what the neighbours would think) and brought her bed up and put it by our bed. She hopped straight up between us and cuddled up, we didn't hear a peep from her. We'd like to have the choice of - having her sleep with us - and not. Any suggestions ??? My finance and I are walking around at work looking like s*** we aren't good on 5 hours sleep! I understand the need and desire for her to be with us. We feel we give her sufficient attention in the evening. She does follow us everywhere and can see she just wants to be with us but she seems to have a fear of the kitchen now!
YOUR HELP PLEASE
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!