Thread: HELP! Pneumonia
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
bernabe0518
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 036 HELP! Pneumonia

Hello I am new to this board, I recently just got a baby Yorkie named Kiwi, shes just 2 months old. I had her for a little more than a week and she just started to cough. I didnt think much of it but it got worse the next day so I immediately bought her to the vet. He just gave me the antibiotic Clavamox and injected one dose in her that day. As soon as she got home, she vomited. I was told to give her a dose of Clavamox orally and I did that night but to no avail, she didn't sleep. She was basically lifeless so I took her back to the vet the next day and they gave her an X-ray that showed her chest covered with mucus and air she sucked in. They kept her overnight for 2 nights, kept her on fluids, and injected her with antibiotics. I picked her up 2 days ago from the hospital and was told she had gotten better and ate, and kept the food down. She is a lot more active than she was when she first got sick but i found she was coughing again. I took her to the hospital for an emergency checkup and they took another X-Ray and it showed she had signs of pneumonia. She had gotten worse. I was told to buy a humidifier which I did tonight but it blows out cold mist. Does anyone know if this is a good idea exposing the sick dog to cold air? sounds strange to me but I will do anything to save her at this point. Any suggestions on helping her would be greatly appreciated, thanks
bernabe0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!