View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky & Raquel View Post
Well looks like buster has a cardiovascular infection. I took him to the vet today because he wasnt eating and its because he cant smell the food and being sick just makes him lose his appetite.

Good news:

Doc put him on meds. Clavamox drops, antibiotics. Twice a day for 14 days. We started giving him the meds tonight. Also, doc gave me some food that Buster can be fed orally through a syringe. The food is called " Hill's Prescription Diet ", and its very soft and smushy. Ive been feeding buster all night, and the little champ has been cooperating. He had at least 6 full syringes, probably around 40ML or so. He pooped twice, diarrhea. Ive also been feeding him doses of nutrical every so often. Hes definitely getting his food and water, so I am sort of relieved.

Bad news:

Poor little Buster is completely out of it. His night consisted of eating, sleeping, and pooping. He's at a loss for energy, doesnt want to play or anything. I doubt his blood sugar level isnt low because he has been eating. He started his meds tonight, so I am hoping its just a side effect from the Clavamox.

Any imput would be appreciated.
I would think, just like us, when you don't feel good you just want to sleep. Give him a few days and I'm sure he'll be bouncing around like nothing happened.
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!