View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #12
ARCHIE
No Longer A Member

Animal Smiley 049

Welcome to YT. You sure seem to have your hands full.
I am sorry Chloe has this aggression in her but I also believe it if a form
of showing you who's the boss. The reason I say this is I to have a Yorkie(male)
who is starting to show these symptoms and I believe it's all about being
Alpha. It appears that some Yorkies are satisfied not being the boss and there's other's who don't want to give up the challenge. I seem to have the
latter and I won't give up being Alpha to him so we have our little debates
at times. He also guards toys and we have been working on him bringing them to me which he does, but ears are back which means he's still not
convinced he wants to share. I think it also has something to do with the fact that every toy he tears up I take away so he guards them. I have never
had a dog do these things and I never heard of being Alpha until I bought a Yorkie. They are very determined strong little ones who are almost insistent
on having their own way and we have to not let them. Buddy is a fast learner and understands almost everything. I have seen him become aggressive and it is scary but I will never give up so he will have too eventually. Buddy is full of love and energy and is only 3yrs old. He knows I am the boss but he continues to try being Alpha at times. I always tell him Tauras and Terriers
don't mix. The Tauras will always win. That's me. Strong as a Bull. I love him dearly and he loves people and most dogs. Try being the Alpha around
your household. Good luck.

Carol & Buddy
ARCHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!