View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
Safire
Addicted to Tetley
Donating Member

Tongue Tetley is going to turn into a chicken

Is it possible to feed my little guy too much protein from chicken? What would the effects of that be? Here's what I feed him 3 times a day:

1/8th cup Canidae dry
1 tbsp shredded boiled chicken breast
1 tsp Iams gravy for puppies - chicken flavour
1 pinch Missing Link

and sometimes I also add half a tsp of plain full fat yogourt.

Is he getting too many vitamins with the gravy and the ML?

Ingredients of the Iams gravy:
Chicken Broth, Chicken, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, and Citric Acid), Sodium Bisulfate, Xanthan Gum, Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Chicken Flavors, Potassium Sorbate (a preservative), Brewers Dried Yeast, Flax Meal, Carrots, Peas, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Potassium Chloride, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), Rosemary Extract

It seems that with this combination of foods he is finally gobbling down his whole meal every time and his tummy issues have finally subsided. He's a happy guy with loads of energy now! (unlike when he was on that nasty Eukanuba crap ) But am I giving him too much chicken??? Canidae's first ingredient is chicken too! He's going to turn into a chicken if I keep this up! LOL
Safire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!