View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
Figment713
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Angry Some People's Children.....

That was an expression my father used to use when totally beyond lost for words about the idiocy being displayed by one person or another. (I think it was kind of a comparative: Some people's children as opposed to my own who very well know better!)

Anyway....

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a friend of mine who had purchased a Yorkie for his wife, which Yorkie was not at all well received. He had called me to see if my Maggie wouldn't like a little sister. Well, even though I had only recently (as in April 22nd) gotten Maggie a sister...Mollie Kate, how on earth could I even contemplate turning down a free Yorkie. (I didn't ask my friend what he had paid for her, but...hey, c'mon....I was getting her free).

Anyway, the plan was for Ursula/Mackenzie to stay with my friend's parents until they'd be passing through Ohio on their way to somewhere else. Then they'd deliver her to me. I figured it'd be about another week before she arrived.

Early this morning I get a call telling me that Mackenzie is being flown down here (CARGO!!! They sent her Air CARGO!!!), and would be arriving late this afternoon. Apparently his parents had had enough of a not yet house broken puppy (folks who hadn't had a dog at all in YEARS), and wanted her out of there enough that they were willing to pay the shipping.

Well, I arranged to leave work early to be at the airport when she arrived. (Now, mind you, had I known they weren't driving her down, I'd have made the drive up to get her.) POOR LITTLE BABY!!!!!!!!! She was shaking and soaking wet (paper in the bottom of her cage wasn't near absorbant enough for how much peeing she'd done).

I got her home...tried to get her to consume some Nutrical (which she absolutely ignored even when placed on the end of her nose), finally used an eyedropper to get some honey-water into her. About half an hour later she perked up quite a bit. (And her tongue which had been scarily pale became pink again!)

She's just a midget of a pup. Based on the paperwork that came with her, she was born on 03/23/05, which means that her breeder let her go at around 10 weeks of age...poor little girl. I know my Molly was up to 2 and a half pounds last Saturday when I had her at the vet. Based on that, there is no way I believe this little girl weighs even 2 pounds. (I'll know tomorrow, as I have a noon vet appointment for her.)

1. I can't believe any breeder would let something this little and young go to
it's new home.

2. I can't believe that my friend's parents seriously thought they were going
to be able to get her housebroken in a week or so.

3. I can't believe anyone would fly a dog this size for a full day. (Oh yeah,
they were so eager to get her out of there, they didn't even wait for a
non stop for her. She had to make two connections and was in transit
a total of 9 hours! Poor baby).

I know the puppy is going to be better off with us. I won't send her on scary airplanes, for one thing!

And her name is no longer Ursula (What a name!) It's definately Mackenzie!
Figment713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!