View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
chloevalentine
Yorkie Talker

Sad Yorkie on Prozac for aggression not working :(

I found this website and thought this would be the perfect place to come to for the problems I am having with my baby. Chloe is a 7 year old Yorkie who is really sweet most of the time but she gets very aggressive and bites me.
It started a few years ago when she started guarding toys and she would hide under chairs and lunge at you if you came near her. She then started guard the couch that she would lay on - if you came over to pet her or sit next to her she would attack you. This got progressively worse and I started bringing her to the vet, then a trainer than a pet behavorist, then a neurologist. I had a bile acids test done to see if she was having a problem with too much protein with her liver which could make dogs aggressive, then to the neurologist who said she was fine and then finally to the vet behaviorist who said she had anxiety and that is she felt threatened or anxious she would react. She said that there was nothing I could do training wise that she just had some "wires crossed in her brain", which seemed like the best way to describe it. She was an angel most times and then she would just snap. It makes it really hard to approach her to pet her or to sit next to her because you just dont know when she is going to turn and attack you. I have had Chloe since she was a puppy and it has been really hard over the past year or so, as this gets worse and so unpredictable. She takes 5 mg of Prozac in the morning and 5mg more at night and sometimes takes Zanax in between on bad days. I dont know if this is even helping her but I dont know what else to do. If I have to give her drugs to keep her from attacking so I can at least have her with me, than that is what I am doing but it is really upsetting and frustrating and sad not just for me but for her. Doesnt seem like much of a life for this adorable (loving 97% of the time) doggie. Any advise would be so helpful!

Chloe's Mom
chloevalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!