View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
camly
Mommy to Kikko-man
Donating Member

Confused its just been too much lately ... poooop problems

Oky, I have posted here a lot b/c kikko seems to always have somethign wrong ... today is no different.

he's been having problems almost weekly with diarrhea, soft poop, and blood in the poop. Usually the soft poo with a little bit of blood or diarrhea. one or the other. SOOO .. each time (b/c i'm a over protected and worry-too-much mom according to my mom) have taken him to the vet b/c of his past history of health problems.

He's already been treated for these parasites: Coccidia and giardia.

After a the giardia treatment a week later he started having soft poo, so I thought the giardia wasn't completely gone so i took him back, they gave me medicine for intestinitis b/c the weather was getting really cold suddenly and said taht was the problem. he always does well when on meds, but a couple of days off meds - soft poo and blood in the poo (drops of dk blood most recently ) so again to the vet, this time they are going to put him on meds for 3-4 wks, but are unsure of the parasite. We have done fecel tests everytime. And we've changed his diet to persciption hills i/d i think that's what it was called ...

has anyone been through this? I really worry about the fact while on meds he's oky but once off he's not... and this just sucks b/c i just want him healthy. he has a huge appetite, drinks water like a camel, and has the puppy energy that keeps me up at night b/c he wants to play so much. so i don't know what could be wrong. is he being overtreated? AND not to mention i've postponed my vacation to go back home by a week (i haven't been home to the US for 6 months!) b/c i have to give him medicine every day, and think its a lot to ask a puppy sitter to do. any help would be great. ..

thanks guys, camly
camly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!