View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
MeganS
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Angry *sigh* My Spanish Teacher......

is driving me insane.

Sorry this is kind of a rant...I'm just totally ready to claw someone's eyes out.

My Spanish teacher (if you want to call her that) is possibly the most useless teacher on the planet. I've taken Spanish with her for 7 years, and I still have look up every single word she says in the dictionary (Spanish-English dictionary) to figure out what she's saying. I've been told (by my friend who was raised speaking spanish) that she pronounces words wrong, and says the wrong words in certain places.

My problem is that I haven't learned anything with her. and it's not just my study habbits, because even the straight A students aren't learning anything. She's mean and nasty to certain students. There's this one boy, Steven, and she [nearly every day] sends him out into the hallway if he just looks at her weird. and we get DAILY lectures on how "we should already know this stuff" if someone asks her a question. (example: I asked her if some word meant read or write, and she starts lecturing the ENTIRE class on how we should already know these things. for like the entire period that's all she did. she never even answered my question!)

My personal feelings (along with several other kids) are that she isn't doing her job, and she shouldn't be there. Problem? She's tenured. She can't be fired. I don't picture myself ever being able to speak fluently in another language, but I'd like a chance, and with her I just don't have that.

maybe we're all just being over dramatic, but if she's going to be there, she should be doing her job. and if she's not doing her job, she shouldn't be there.

Opinions? I know that once a teacher is tenured it's nearly impossible to fire them. But don't you think that we as students have the right to a proper education?

All Gave Some; Some Gave All
MeganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!