View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

And last night.....

This was a seriously good dinner... And Jen will totally feel me on this one!!!!

I had Raw Chicken Salad "Mock Chicken" In a bed of sprouts, alfalfa and onion, with avocado, strawberry tomatoes, orange bell peppers, sweet pea greens, and a raw dressing made from olive oil, ginger, garlic, sesame seed dressing on top!!! It was totally amazing!!!

Heres how to make Mock Chicken Salad!

For the salad:

3 cups raw soaked* sun flower seeds, ground in food processor (to pieces about 1/4 the size of the seed, not to paste but chopped up pretty good)
3 to 4 stalks celery sticks diced
1/2 bunch of scallions diced
2 tbsp dried time
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp dried sage

For the dressing: (or mayo like stuff to mix into the salad...)

3/4 cup Thai coconut water
3 med cloves of garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tbls sea salt
1 1/4 cups of macadamia nuts, cashews, pine nuts, or a combination (I usually use cashews cause they're less expensive if you buy the cashew pieces from the bulk bins) you don't have to use them all you can pick just one!
1/4 cup stone ground mustard

Ok! Now... in a large mixing bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients and blend thoroughly.

In a high speed blender, combine all of the dressing ingredients and blend thoroughly. Pour the dressing a little at a time so its not too wet, this makes a lot of dressing! Mix well and serve! You'll be amazed at what a few spices can do!!!! It tastes amazing!

*Soaking sunflower seeds! Soak the sunflower seeds in pure water for 2 to 4 hours drain and dry. I don't mean dry hard like a rock... I mean drain and dry off all the excess water.. I line a bowl with a kitchen towel doubled in two and pour the seeds in and the towel soaks up all the water...

Why soak?? It wakes up the seeds and causes them to release a enzyme inhibitor which prevents your body from digesting the seed! so it is now edible! Plus it makes the texture perfect for the salad!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chicken Salad1.jpg (153.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Chicken Salad2.jpg (196.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg chickensalad3.jpg (190.3 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Kathryn_V; 02-12-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Kathryn_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!