View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #121
SweetCuteness
I <3 Ferdinand
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleswman View Post
You have just turned 18 years old.....now your comments make more sense to me.....I have a 22 year old son.....but, by the grace of God, I raised him to be compassionate and caring.....he was exposed to divorce, thus feeling lonely sometimes.....at a very early age.....he also saw death, cancer, heartache...etc......and he understands life......so in turn....he is a compassionate guy.....if there is such a thing......LOL....

But, now that I understand where you are coming from, I understand your opinion.

Just one more comment.......tell me those same sentiments when you are 40 with kids, .......then you may feel somewhat differently.....

Good luck to you......and by the way....Happy Birthday......last month....and welcome to YT with your new little puppy......you will find a lot of nice people here that will be willing to help you 24/7.
I'm only 23 and I feel the same as you, Saleswman. My brother too just turned 18... but he still felt bad about this situation. And he's a guy - guys generally have less emotion about this stuff. He didn't make fun of her like some people here have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean.C
and do think, i am barely 18. and i to was faced with my parents divorce when i was 12, my perfect family with our perfect home in a perfect little suburban town GONE in a matter of days, my grandfather who i loved ever so dearly, one of my best friends, watching him struggling to breathe because the cancer was eating him away every minute, then going to his funeral and seeing him lieing there stiff and lifeless, my first love was torn from me when i was in a near death car accident a year ago, i cant see him anymore so believe me. i understand life. and from what ive been through, i learned that dwelling in the past brings you nothing but sorrow. and i dont want that for myself or for anyone else. im tired of being sad about something that i cant change. Sorry ladies, for disagreeing with yalls beliefs, and upsetting you by being an individual. hah
Yes death is inevitable - but a little girl now has to grow up without a mommy. A man just lost the love of his life. Anna's family now has a void where Anna Nicole once was. I personally don't find that humorous. It's incredibly sad.

Dwelling in the past does bring sorrow... but no one is dwelling in the past here. We've expressed our sympathy for her family not bashing Anna Nicole Smith and speculating on her ODing. You're young... you'll grow more empathetic as you mature through the years. Some of us just gain that empathy at a younger age than others. I've been through very traumatic situations similar to you, but they didn't give me a heart of stone.
Like Saleswman said... if someone were to show you this thread in 25 years, you would respond differently...

Happy belated birthday, and welcome to YT!

Last edited by SweetCuteness; 02-12-2007 at 02:36 PM.
SweetCuteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!