View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Little Bit
Tiny Dog Big Heart
Donating Member

Default Try a cat litter box without the litter

I started my new pup in a "sifting" cat litter box. I don't use litter, though. I just use the box with a pee pad under the "sifter part" So It makes it kind of like a dog whiz, only alot cheaper. Now the pee goes below the grating and she doesn't step in it. The poo does stay on top but then I quickly pick it up and flush it.

She is doing really well with it! I am so pleased! I just wish the other three were as good! I like having the pad in a box so there is no peeing on the edge. The sides are high enough she can't straddle it.

I would definitely recommend it. It is only $11 bucks or less at Wal-Mart and they also can't tear up the pad since it is under the grate. I am also using the other half but need to find something at a home improvement store that I can cut to fit for a "grate" for the other one, but she does use it also anyway. That way I have two potty pans for the price.

I have attached a picture of they two side by side (they are usually in different parts of the house) so you can see what I am talking about.

Oh, and it is big enough that even my adult yorkies can use it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Potty Pans.JPG (31.5 KB, 52 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!