View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
BellaWillow
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default HELP! Need Advice On Yorkie That Has To Go On Airplane

My friends have the sweetest little yorkie named Gracie who is just a little spit fire . . . all three pounds of her. Well last fall they flew from Minnesota to California with her and their little toy poodle Sophie (who has made the trip a few times before with no problems). Gracie was terrified on the plane and of the noise and panted the entire way out and the flight attendent at least let my friend hold her, but it didn't help. Gracie was fine when they got there and had a wonderful time, but on the way back home she did the same thing. The little toy poodle was perfect, but Gracie was scared and panted the entire way home. The flight attendent on that trip would not let my friend hold her and so Gracie was stuck under the seat panting. When they got home Gracie got a terrible intestinal infection and was sick for the entire week. My friends are planning another visit to California later this summer and don't want to go because they don't want to leave Gracie at home . . . but yet they don't want to take her on the airplane and have her get sick again.

They wondered about having her sedated for the trip and was wondering it anyone else has had this experience and what tips you could give us.

Thank you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!