View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 05:08 AM   #24
diva pup
BANNED!

Cry

I don't know if I even want to post this story.15 years ago I owned an Akita. He was the most gorgeous sweet dog.At the time my ex bought him I also had a maltese and 2 young kids. the dog was treated with love and kindness always, he got along very well with the malt and for 6 yrs all was lovely. One day my son accidently left the front door open and Mac ran out, I looked everywhere and couldnt find him. Finally I called the pound, he was there, arrested for killing a womans dog.
I went and spoke to the lady, she was devastated by the loss of her 16 yr old dog. I was devastated for her. Apparently on his self imposed walk my Mac walked up to this poor ancient female dog, never made a sound. He put his head on the back of her neck and when she rolled submissivly over he ripped her throat out. I could only imagine the horror this woman felt as she watched my dog kill her companion of so many years.
I did the only thing I felt like I could do in the situation, I took my dog to his vet and we put him to sleep. It was not court ordered, I loved this dog and had never had any problems with him in the past, I in fact had taken him with me around the world twice. But I couldn't see another way, I wasnt able to trust him with my old malt anymore not to mention 2 young children. He was a house pet, not very well suited to living his life on a chain in a backyard after 6 yrs. I want to add this dog had NEVER shown any signs of aggression to anything in his life. He was well bred by a known japanese breeder and according to all the witnesses, 2 of whom were friends of mine, the attack was just out of nowhere. So tho I love the breed I would never trust an akita either.
Please do not think I am horrible for putting my pet to sleep, but there was absolutly nothing in his upbringing to warrant his behaviour on that day. As much as I would have liked to I couldnt make any excuses for him.
diva pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!