View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
Clocey
Yorkie Yakker

Default Thanks to Everyone for your Advice on Agression

I want to say thanks to everyone for all your tips on helping to solve my agression problem between my Yorkies, Rocky and Woody. It is getting so much better....... we still have our fights........ but less and less and I have learned some tips that are working to stop it.

What the problem was is that they were taking over being boss and when I showed them who is really boss I think they were surprised. We also use time out and they get sent to their cage, which by the way is in the middle of living room, and that helps some too. The lady who suggested the separation and using the palm of your hand to enforce it, that has worked immensely. I really feel now that our situation with agression is a workable thing and maybe.... just maybe......they will get along so we don't have to find a home for one of them. We love them both dearly but before they drawed any blood I would do what was best for them, not me. We call them Double Trouble but that is what you should expect when you bring two puppies into your home. We were not prepared. For all of you that have two puppies that get along right from the start, you should be thankful. It is not always that way.

Yorkies are just children with fur

This forum is really great, and I am so thankful that I found it. Sometimes you can only learn from others who have been through it.
Clocey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!