View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #12
SONYSW
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydinj View Post
I saw another thread about this, but didn't see any responses. Caesars, is it bad mixing with other dry foods if that's the only way my pup will eat?
I got Missy from a breeader at 2.5 months at that time the breeder provided me with dry Eukanoba puppy and Caesars and said to mix together to assure that she eats. Missy seemed to be getting bored with that mix so I then switched from Eukanoba and recently went to dry Royal Canine puppy after reading several helpful threads on here about puppy foods. (Love Yorkietalk!) However, I am still mixing the Royal Canine with Caesars and she eats a little more now. I recently heard that Caesar's isn't so good, but it seems to be the only thing that she'll eat with dry food. Is Caesars so bad if mixing it with other dry healthier foods if that's the only way my pup will eat? I also tried Eukanoba wet with Royal Canine dry and she barely even touches it, but when I did the same dry food with Caesars she ate it all. If Caesars is so bad, anyone have any other wet food suggestions to mix Royal Canine with?
I was in the same boat with you. I got my puppy from the breader with the same advice. After a while, she is bored with the mixed of ceasar and dry eukanuba kibbles. I no longer use Ceasar but mixed either can of merrick food (one spoon) or dry liver (half cube). I mixed it well with the kibbles (canidae). At very young age, the main thing is she needs to eat (anything including ceasar, is better than nothing). After 6 months, she eats dry food twice a day mixed with dry liver. She gets used to with it. See also this thread at the very bottom from mystinca, how to deal with picky eaters.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66557
SONYSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!