Thread: Yeast In Ears!!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

My golden retriever has had chronic yeast infections in his Left ear only since puppyhood (+8yrs). He had the infection when I got his from the breeder. We (breeder, myself, and vet.) all thought with antibiotics it would clear up. It will clear up for a week or so and then come right back. He has never has problems with his Right ear though. He has been on 6 or 7 different antibiotics for his ear. Unfortunately, he has had to have his ear canal cut down because of scar tissue formation. I take such good car of his ears, too. It is so frustrating. Plus he is allergic to most ear cleasers. He will be fine with them for a week or so and then his ear will turn beet red and little pus pocket will form. He is so good about it though and will let me take care of his ear no matter how much it must hurt. I have even tried several ear powders which are supposed to make the ear and unfriendly environment to no avail. I personally don't think yeast infectations can be fully clean plus yeast naturally occurs on the dog's body and such not harm them.

Good luck with your baby's ear infection though.
MikaTallulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!