View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #4
ZoeysMom2005
YT Addict

Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi'sMom
I'm glad you're dog is able to eat what you make! I'm sure it's nice to know what goes in their snacks.

Bodhi can't handle dairy, but I would love to know if there is a "Chicken Pate" type recipe out there to try in his kong. (We want an alternative to peanut butter).
i found this one.
Liver Pate' - a delicacy for both cats and dogs

Makes 2 four-ounce pate's that will keep in the refrigerator up to a week if kept in tightly sealed plastic container.

2 chicken hearts
2 chicken gizzards
6 ounces chicken livers, 1 ounce chicken fat
1 large egg
1/2-teaspoon bone meal (optional)
1/2-teaspoon garlic powder
1/8-teaspoon salt
Sprig of parsley for garnish

1) Rinse the chicken hearts, gizzards and livers under cold water. Pat dry. Dice the hearts and gizzards. Set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 350 F
3) In a small skillet, render the chicken fat over low heat. It will yield one tablespoon. Transfer the rendered fat to a small bowl and set aside.
4) In the same skillet, reheat on teaspoon of the reserved fat over medium head. Add the hearts and gizzards and cook until brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
5) In a food processor, combine the livers, egg, bone meal, garlic powder and salt. Process until smooth. Add the reserved hearts and gizzards. Process just to combine for a pate' with a chunky texture.
6) Prepare 2 mini-loaf pans by coating each with one teaspoon of the reserved fat. Fill equally with the mixture.
7) Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Place a 9-inch cake pan in the oven and fill it with the boiling water. Sit the loaf pans with the pate' mixture in the hot water bath and bake for 30 minutes.
8) Remove and let cool then place in the refrigerator to chill until firm.
9) Remove from pans and place on an elegant saucer and garnish with parsley. Serve with plenty of fresh water.
ZoeysMom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!