View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

The only time I've flown with my Yorkie was to bring Angel home at 14 weeks. If you do decide to fly, you need to call your airline and make a specific reservation for the pup. There is a max of two animals in the cabin. You will also need a health certificate from your vet indicating she is up to date with vaccinations and healthy. Most airlines will ask to see this, so if you don't have it they will not let her on board. Your carrier has to meet specific size requirements which vary with each airline. Most will not allow the carrier to be taller than 10", but some require 8", and the sides need to be somewhat firm and well ventilated. The carrier will go under your seat and unless you get very nice flight attendants, that is where she will stay for the entire flight. And, each airline charges a fee for carrying on a pet, ranging anywhere from $50 to $90 EACH way.

As for the anxiety, you can ask your vet about Rescue Remedy or something else they might recommend. Good luck with your decision.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!