Thread: shipping
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #15
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyraandMrJ View Post
the shipping thing is a nightmare. Having to have a vet certifate before I take a pup on as carry on. or in cargo. I couldn't do it.

doing the math if you talk shipping. a good shipper will charge you. $350.? more or less. to get your pup on the best and shortest flight plus the price of the pup. now my area of WV the breeders are shifty. and I won't buy a pup from any of them. I know there's some good ones out here soemwhere. but with time constrants and just plain dang picky. I'm going with a rescue. and waiting til I can fly out to meet and view a pup. afore I comit to a good quality dog. not saying in a rescue won't get one. cause you can.

I'm just saying flyings a bit of a trick. and I'm not up for it yet. Plus the husband donna like me out of his sight for long. LOL

TyTy
We have flown hundreds of beagles all over the US and once out of the country. never had the "nightmare' expereince you talk about. Shipping is only 250. and that includes health certificate, crate and airfare.. health certificates are no big deal if you have a healthy pup to start with. All we have to do is call out vet and tell him we are flying a dog to such and such a place. We take it in, he checks it thoruoghly and issues a certified health certificate. I took two yorkies in yesterday for that. Total time was about half an hour for each yorkie and that included waiting on a couple of tests to be done. From reading your post, you haven't shipped a dog but have heard a horror story to two. Stuff does happen but wwe have neever had a lost puppy, sick puppy or any thing bad. As far as the health certificate, because i have a one year guarantee on my puppies, they have to get a health certificate from my vet for me to give ALL my new owners whether they fly or not and personally, I would not buy a puppy from anyone that does not give me a black and white certified health certificate with my dog.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!