Thread: can't travel :(
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #14
yorkieluv_07
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistr View Post
I worked so hard with my Spencer to get him trained to use the pad. We were on a HUGE roller coaster but he's finally getting it. By gateing him to only half the house, he has learned to use his pad every time. I'm going to guess he hasn't had any accidents in over two or three weeks now.

BUT:

When we go to grandma's house (my mom and dad's house), he follows no rules, and just goes wherever he wants, even though I put a pad down for him and show him where it's at. When he was real young, I used to take him to grandma's house every day instead of leaving him alone as a puppy, he always used the pad at grandma's then. Now that he's grown up a bit, I leave him at home alone while I'm at work and he only goes to grandmas on weekends or if I decide to take him over after work when we eat supper there. He does his business anywhere he wants over there now. I really want him to be a dog that I can take anywhere and behave, for one because I love him so much I like having him around all the time, but also I don't want him to be alone anymore than he has to be, but if he refuses to act right, it really makes it hard for me to justify taking him anywhere.

Anyone else have this issue? When I'm at mom and dad's, I'm usually very busy and don't have time to "retrain him over there". I guess that's what I do really need to do though... Any suggestions???
My mother is not a dog person, and really does not like them in her house ...she is so afraid they will pee. The only way she lets our chi down inside her home is if she is wearing a diaper. (Never mind she hasnt had an accident in 5yrs.) So, I keep a pkg of doogie diapers at her house. (The only time she has ever used them) She has yet to pee inside of one. I think it is stupid! However, it makes my mother feel better and saves lots of fussing.
yorkieluv_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!