View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
ndyorkiemom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Info on Getting A Yorkie

In answer to the first part of your question "So many different kinds" there is only ONE kind of Yorkshire Terrier. Sometimes one will can be very little or one can turn out to be a tub butt (grand daughters term) but, no matter what the size they are just a Yorkshire the sweetest yet boldest little dog I know of.
As for Color, like the others have stated that is almost impossbile if not totally impossible to know for certain. AKC calls for a standard in color of either Bl & Gold or Bl & Tan. There are puppies out there that have a darker color even after reach 1 year old but, there is nothing saying that they won't change colors even after that age.
As for the Blonde color you spoke of I can't say that I have ever seen a Blonde Yorkie. I have seen Brown or Chocolate colors and even a puppy that was born blue however, if I am correct on my knowledge these are caused by a ressive gene and I personally would never breed to get any of these colors.
I wish you all the luck in finding the right Yorkie baby to add to your family but I would suggest that you do alittle research on this beautiful little breed.
Granted they are in the canine family but there is such a difference between them and any other breed.
If I can be of any help to you in your search or if I can get any further information to you that would help you make the right choice please feel free to PM me. I'm not a professional breeder by any means of the word but, I had to learn what I know the hard way and if I can help anyone else not make that same mistakes then I'm a happy Yorkie Mom

Join today and remove this ad!