View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #11
yorkiemalt
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
oooo Oatmeal Raisen cookies!!!!!

wow third knee surgery? on the same dog? i hope not.

Hopefully no x-rays this time if its a third check up.
Oatmeal raisin it is! lol Let's hope I remember!

3rd lp surgery but not the same dog.....Chandler, my maltese, had his first knee done last April and then the second knee done in June. Both were trauma induced...simple little injuries that took a Grade 2 knee to a Grade 4 in a split second.

Then this December 15, I was out walking when Phoebi, my yorkie, was attacked by a neighbor's unleashed pitbull. She is lucky to be alive but during the attack she actually splayed her back legs and her Grade 2 knee became a 4 also.

At first my Vet treated her with Rimadyl and rest...we weren't really sure where her pain was. She had some puncture marks and as the week passed it almost looked like her back was bothering her. She wasn't limping at all.

Then Christmas Eve she was totally lame on her right back leg and I got her into my Vet on the day after Christmas. He broke the news to me, at which point I vomited in his office....when he said call Dr. Hunt.

As you know, you guys were on vacation until January 2. Since he did such a wonderful job with Chan, we waited for him to return. Phoebi's surgery was that Tuesday.

I've been sick over this whole thing with her. She is not happy with the ex-pen and 8 weeks is a LONG time!

I can't even begin to mention the money we have spent! OMG....with this knee we're at $10,000!
yorkiemalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!