Thread: help fleas
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #12
tuzzylou
Yorkie Yakker

I found a flea on Lottie about 2wks ago, went to petsmart got Johnsons spot on, Bob Martin flea shampoo, Bob Martin Home flea flogger Plus twin pack.
I gave lottie a bath once she was dry i used the spot on. It said that you could re-apply after 7days. I then washed everything that lottie came in contact with that was able to fit in the washing machine. Used the flea flogger in my sitting room and bedroom. I dont have a very big apartment so had the doors to the hallway open when i did the sitting room.
anyhoo she seemed to be over them. I kept checking her and there wasnt any signs, no tell tale "droppings" left behind by the fleas. I gave her another bath a week later, this time with the flea shampoo and then once dry gave her another spot on. That was this wednesday. Yesterday she was scratching again but not much, then tonite while sitting with her on the sofa i see another flea, so i check her all over and theres a couple of "droppings" but no more fleas. I managed to lose the flea i found on her much to my disgust.
I was told by a woman in the supermarket that nothing you buy from a supermarket or a pet store will get rid of fleas that the only things that will shift them you have to get from the vet.
My mother sent me 4-in-1 pest repeller, that is meant to keep rodents away but will also work on ants/cockroaches/spiders/fleas and other insects but it says that with in 2wks of using the unit (it plugs into the power socket) you may see an increase in the pests your trying to get rid of but that it then will settle down and you will be pest free.
I wonder if thats why im seeing a flea again, but im kinda annoyed considering ive used the shampoo and the spot on, on lottie, and used the floggers to kill them in the apartment and i still find one....i have pretty much kept her inside since she first got them, only taking her out in the paved area out side the apartment to play ball,. I hate the thought of her having fleas and the thought that i have them in my apartment.
Im planning on going to the vet if it doesnt get better in the next week and buying stuff from them. Its annoying when ive spent alot already on flea stuff that doesnt appear to have worked. And they dont even give you an idea of how long they will take to work.
im just so confused
tuzzylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!