View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #29
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiz View Post
I am at my wits end. I am slowly but surely going through every brand of food I find recommended here and, so far, all have been strike outs. I am so frustrated.

I went back to the pet store again and returned the Yorkie food...got Canidae. Nope. She just won't eat it. So I mixed up 1/4 teaspoon of Missing Link that I just bought with a tablespoon of cottage cheese. She ate about half. Then, I boiled a chicken breast and mixed a little with what was left and she ate it all. Wanted more....so I gave her a bit more...twice.

Looks like I have a gourmet baby here that I am going to have to cook for. Now I need some good recipes for food that will nourish her and meet her nutritional needs. If anyone has recipes to share, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Sammi

Hi, been there and gone through all that you are, one thing I quickly learnt was that the smaller dry food was easier for ours to eat so I got the small bites, there are different brands that have the small bites dry food. We went through the hand feeding and mixing just a tiny bit of cottage cheese with the dry, as a treat we give Baby Blessing baby carrots cut up real tiny I call them her carrot cookies the white chicken meat is good for them, but by only putting a little with the dry food and gradually just feeding the dry food. you can break up the dry food a bit see if that helps by it being smaller pieces. I will tell you Baby Blessing has no problem of eating now she loves her dry food and is vey happy at eating, hang in there it will get better. What age is your puppy? When they are young they don't eat much at a time, ours chose to eat a little now and then so we went according to her desires and needs. Please, keep us posted on how she is doing. I just read where she has the diahrea cook some white rice plain and give her just a little of that with white chicken meat.
Patti and Baby Blessing

Last edited by Baby Blessing; 02-04-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!