View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #25
sammiz
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Just like when changing diets, you need to slowly introduce the missing link. I started out small and now give the recommended amount. I hope she feels better soon!! big hugs.
Thank you. I had questioned the vet at the Missing Link website because one of the ingredients is garlic. He said the amount is very small and is not harmful. He has Yorkies. He told me that at three and a half pounds, Sassy should get on quarter teaspoon a day. He didn't mention a little bit of that at a time and I guess I am an idiot.... as I gave her the whole amount in cottage cheese and she ate it all. Now we have diarreah...I say we, because it very much involves me as well. Phew-wee. Lots of bottom bathing. I tried some activia this morning. Nope. I just don't knwo what to do any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Bailey View Post
I don't give Bailey missing link, I was not sure what is was so I asked my vet and the pet store owner who has yorkies, and they both said in their opinion if your dog was not having health problems and you were feeding a healthy diet they didn't need it. And with Bailey's sensitive tummy I am not going to give her more stuff...her hair is soft, her skin is not dry, she doesn't shed. So at this point, in my opinion she doesn't need it.
And thank you, too. I thought to use the Missing Link because Sassy is not eating well at all and I want her to have the nourishment she needs. At his point, I am wondering if I have caused all of this by trying so hard to tempt her. I don't know if the best thing to do is to wait and see if she gets hungry enough to eat the dry that is always there for her or what. I am definitely distressed over the whole issue because I am not accustomed to not knowing how to handle a situation.
sammiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!