View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #14
Tophersmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Well, we used a soldering gun to melt the holes in the container. Hubby took the container out to the van to figure out where to place the holes and we made sure that the holes were big enough for the seatbelt to fit through.

I allowed for the fabric on the back to flap up so we could put the seatbelt through easily.

For the harnesses we just melted holes in the back (and I buttonholed the fabric). We bought leashes at the dollar store and cut them to the desired length and used them to attach to the pup's harnesses. We put the holes in the container close to the top rim and looped the leashes through the holes and over the top. Goodness it's so difficult to describe. When we get home from our trip today I'll take pictures for you. Pictures are so much easier than trying to describe it! lol

For the front of the container, I folded over a strip of foam down the length of the front rim and tied it down with tie straps. I melted holes in the container with the soldering gun to put the tie straps through. I wanted the pups to have something comfy to rest their chins on.

I will take pictures later and will help you as much as I can. It was a fun project and really didn't take long. The most difficult part was sewing the cover. Trying to pin the fabric so that it was even was a bit difficult.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!