View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #7
CollegeCutieUSF
Mom to Biggie & Capone
Donating Member

It sounds like you have the same problem I do. My dog is SUPER picky! I mean, he has all the enery in the world, loves to get treats, loves to beg for people food, but he just picks at his own food. I've tried tons of different wet and dry foods, but I can't seem to find one that he will actually eat the recommended ammount of.

I've been feeding him pedigree wet food for the past month and 1/2, but I know that wet is bad for their teeth, so i've been trying to integrate dry food back into his diet. But once again he just keeps picking at it. I just went to the store today and I hot a bunch of samples of more natura dry foods. He seems to really like the dry Innova. He ate about 1/4 cup in just one sitting. Which for him is REALLY good.

I've been seeing in the forums that some people are mixing chicken with the dry food and some people add yogurt and cottage cheese to their diet, so I think I'm going to try that out this week, and If he keeps eating the Innova, I think I might officially change to that.

But in answer to your question, I wouldn't worry that much about the picky eating thing. My dog is slightly skinny (4.5 lbs at 1.5 years.. but I can feel his ribs too). I went the the vet about a month ago and he just said that a lot of little breed dogs are just really picky eaters. He told me not to worry, that he will eat when he's hungry. Also, my dog still has 2 of his baby teeth (the fangs) and the vet said that they only had to be pulled out if they cause a problem.

Well, I've written you a novel, so I hope this helps! lol.

PS: If anyone has any tips on what to mix w/ dry food to get a dog interested, i'd really appreciate it!
CollegeCutieUSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!