View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #15
Emmsmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiz View Post
I really don't understand why she isn't eating. The breeder said she was a piggy. Maybe since she was eating with the other dogs there she ate that way to make sure she got her share...or maybe she is a social eater? She seems fine....but...???

I know one thing for sure...I love, love, love her!!!!!

How long have you had her? Maybe she just hasn't gotten use to her new home yet. I use to have to hand feed Diesel when he first got home. I also gave him baby food at times as well as cottage cheese. I went through a whole list of dog foods before I had finally had it.

I went and picked out a good bag of food and finally when he got really hungry he decided to eat. Sounds bad I know but when they get good and hungry they will eat.

I finally decided to feed Diesel Innova. It only contains 24% protein. He is still a picky eater but he does like it. He likes to pick at the bowl off and on all day long. I pick the food up at night and have actually had him beg and cry for his food.

I would also make sure that you keep some Nutrical on had just incase she doesn't eat like she should. It may just take awhile for her to come around. It took Diesel awhile. Good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!