View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 08:07 AM   #9
BellaWillow
Senior Yorkie Talker

Good Morning Mary Kay:

How sweet of you to be concerned about us. Willow is doing so much better these days. We are exactly 37 days past surgery and although she is still stuck in the small carrier for another three weeks . . . she has been eating a little better for me and acting more like her old self. I take her out a lot and let her sit in a small round bed with sides all around it and eat her little flossies and she usually eats her breakfast and dinner in there too. She loves the extra attention and I finally figured out that she probably wasn't eating on her own because she didn't have much of an appetite just laying around in that case. I have been trying to stimulate her appetite by letting her chew on her flossies and carrying her around the house with me and trying to get her excited about things again and make it seem like her old normal routine without her getting down on all fours and using that leg.

We have a darling little baby play pen set up with all her stuff animals and toys lining the sides and if we get the all clear from the ortopedic surgeon this coming Friday . . . she will be able to spend some time in there. I have started putting her in there with me standing there to watch . . . and she loves it . . . but she tries to jump around and the doctor does not want that at all. So for now she has to stay in what I call her suitcase.

Thank you again so much for your concern and warm wishes. It sure is cold here in Apple Valley this morning . . . hope you and your baby are staying warm.

Love Pegi and Willow
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!