View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #15
Lyz517
Senior Yorkie Talker

I am thankful that we have hobby breeders. We have several in this forum, members have purchased from them with great results and friendships that have formed here on YT. As much as I feel bad for the dogs in shelters, not everyone qualifies to adopt from a shelter and others choose to not want to. It is not the dogs fault for being there, absolutely the owners. Breeders have a responsibilty, raising healthy yorkies with good temperaments etc, buyers have a life time responsibilty in providing these babies with a home. Many breeders on here offer the option to help rehome a yorkie purchased from them or they will take the yorkie back into their own home if possible to avoid adding to the shelters.

I disagree with this, that Most of you here don't seem to grasp that the Yorkie breed is not in a bubble. I am sure YT members are well informed that there are many yorkies in shelters needing homes, people here do suggest adoption first, I have seen it. YT has a Yorkie Rescue section in this forum. The truth is everyone has a right to breed their dog, whether we agree or not. Breeders have a choice to neuter and spay before selling to avoid unplanned, uneducated breedings.

What you may see as unethical in a breeder another person may not agree. Its just impossible for everyone to feel the same about everything. In another thread you commented, stupid people would only pay money for a mutt. I found this rude, insulting. We have several members on here that have "morkies", "Yorkipoos", which they chose to pay money for and love dearly. I respect their choice and I would never make such a statement.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!