Thread: Disappointed...
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I am not sure how I feel about rescue agencies. They disqualify the perfect people to foster these animals or adopt them. They have too rigid of standards! I was going to rescue a yorkie and pay $600 for it (can't remember the sex anymore) and I applied, talked to the woman and was disqualified because I work full time. I think its ridiculous that I went to a breeder, bought 2 puppies for only $150 more and none of the run around and millions of questions and home checks randomly once a month, etc... Also my pups were pups when I got them, healthy (not sick like the rescue puppy I was going to adopt who needed medical care for life) I feel that just bc I work full time does not mean that I would not provide a GREAT warm loving home to a rescue dog!
I understand they don't want them back and that is why they are so strict, but like I said ... I went and BOUGHT 2!! What if my 2 end up there? I think they need to re-evaluate their standards bc Im SURE you would make a wonderful WONDERFUL foster home to any animal and its too bad they are too strict to understand and see that! and (at least in my area) how many families can actually get away on one income?? Most homes have 2 full time working adults, so that elimates TONS of potentially good home candidates.

I don't know if this is possible in your area, but in my area, private schools will let almost anyone substitute for classes and pay them $10/hr. You get called in last minute and its only the length of a school day. Maybe you could look into something like that. I think you need to get your certification here through the town hall or something. I think public schools are more strict on sub teachers but private schools, you just need to watch the classes for duration!

Good Luck! Im sure you'll find something fulfilling and meaningful to do!
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!