Thread: Disappointed...
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
sweetr72
No Longer a Member

Default Disappointed...

I feel like I want to do something more with my life. I work at home and need to fill up some of my time and heart to something more...

I decided to look into a rescue group and see if I could be of some help somehow. I found the "perfect" group for me. It rescues small breed dogs only and that is just perfect. I sent in my request for a volunteer application last night and could barely sleep...I know not exciting to some but WONDERFUL to me...

Today I got a reply that I dont qualify for foster. There is a profile of other volunteers on the site...one lady who lives near me has two kids and two dogs and does plenty for them..I have three kids and three dogs so I guess that disqualifies me. Talk about feeling defeated...I only want to help to add something to my life and the life of homeless animals and I cant even do that. Lately life just feels so unfullfilling...I am trying to work outside the home, I work now in the home and take care of a mentally handicapped woman full time (she lives with us) but I feel disconnected from the outside world..I thought getting involved in something like this would connect me to other people who are like me...

Sorry for the pity party...im just really bummed...

Dawn
sweetr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!