View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

Hi Love your baby's name, I bet she is Fergielicious!!

Anyhoo, I'm sorry that you didn't get much response. Sometimes we miss stuff around here I'll try to answer your concerns with what I've experienced or read here

Both of my girls had the most horrible dry, flaky skin when I first got them. I started giving them Missing Link in their food every day and while it did take a month, the flakes are GONE No more scratching either. Also, some dogs are allergic to certain proteins. What kind of meats are in the food you used to feed and the food that you're feeding now? Are they the same thing? If they are, you may want to switch (I know, again! ugh!) to a different protein ingredient. This could also explain some of her behavior issues as well, I don't feel like being good when I'm feeling icky either

The best way I've found to scold my two is to grab them by their puppy scruff, give them one firm shake (not TOO hard) and tell them in a LOW growly voice NO!. Then release and when the bad behavior has stopped, praise and pet up a storm. I have a problem with my Izzy sometimes playing too rough with Luna, who's half her size and I have to step in sometimes

Now Luna is my biter, and I am always having to scold her for it. Of course, it doesn't help that my husband allows her to bite him while playing But she pretty much knows better than to bite me, sometimes she forgets and I just grab her muzzle firmly yet gently, make her look me in the eyes, and tell her in that same low growly voice, NO BITE! Then she remembers and will usually lick me where she was biting me When you are brushing her and she's trying to bite the brush, it's kinda hard to get her brushed, huh? Luna used to do that too, but I've been consistant with the NO BITE and she's really good now. Someone on here, can't remember who, has two brushes and she lets her pup bite on one while she brushes with the other I think that's a great idea! At least temporarily anyway.

So I hope that I was a little helpful to you today. I'm sure that some others will chime in here soon with some good advice. I have learned a lot from everyone here, and by reading some of the older posts as well. The Search function at the top, in the blue bar, is very helpful as well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!