View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Angry What should I do??

I am posting here because this involves Yorkies!!!

Okay, I had to vent.............

We "know" some people that are raising different breeds of dogs. I say "know" because we really don't know them well - the guy delivers wood for us and if their car needs to be worked on, they will come to my husband (he has a shop at home for our classic cars, but will work on others on the side).

Anyway, the first meeting of this lady (when she came to bring her car) was not good. You know how you just get that vibe from some people.....well, that is how it was with her. We talked about dogs for awhile and she had just gotten in little Yorkie (to breed of course). She kept telling me how BIG Mojo was and how little her little one was....I finally said that I could not believe how she would think Mojo was big at 5lbs. And that he was tinier then her dog at that age. I can't remember now how big her dog was - Now, I am not one to care about the dogs size...you know, get upset over her dog being smaller, etc. Course, I know Mojo is not HUGE at 5lbs period.....it is just the unknowingness (if that is even a word) on her part.

Second "meeting" (if you will).....the lady owed my husband money for the car work (mentioned above)...he traded some wood and some money for the car - knowing that these people didn't have much money and that we always need wood. So, we go to their house to get some money she owes....it was the second spell of snow and ice that we had gotten here. All of the dogs - there are Poms, Yorkies, Daschounds (sp), and I am not sure what else....all outside (it was like 15 degrees) in the muddy, poopy frozen yard! The poor dogs...they looked so sad, so dirty and so cold! I about died!!! Well, she didn't answer, so we left - although, I was sooo tempted to grab all the dogs and run! ((hee,hee))
Well, she gets back w/ us and my DH goes to get some money from her - not the whole amount, just some. He came home and was just so sick and worried looking....he said that the house was horrible. It had poop and pee everywhere and the dogs were covered in it. He said that the house was nasty, and smelled horrible. Well, I get on the phone w/ a friend who use to work w/ the USDA - he as now moved on to other work. So we chatted awhile about the situation, just to see what could be done to correct this....okay, I am the type of person who never intrudes on other peoples spaces or problems, but I just couldn't stop thinking about these little dogs living in that condition.

We hadn't heard from her in awhile....She finally gets back w/ us and was saying that she has had a hard time w/ some of the litters....some have all died, a Pom had to have emergency c-section, etc. So, of course, she didn't have the money to pay....but said that her husband would bring us the 3 loads of wood that was part of the deal. He comes yesterday (in the snow and ice - our roads were horrible) w/ one load of wood. I go out there to help because DH hasn't made it home yet...and, I am a nice person that way, you know! (hee,hee) - actually, I had a plan...to talk dogs. This guy works nights, sleeps when he isn't cutting wood (which he does every day)....he has no clue about anything really.
Well, we are talking dogs and he says that his wife leaves one of the little older ones outside the other night- okay, it had gotten below 13 degrees that night. I don't know if she was mad at this little dog or what....the guy said he told her to bring it in, but she didn't. So, he leaves for work. The next morning, he gets home and she said that the little dog was stiff and dead. So...what does she do??? She tosses it over the fence - did you guys get that??? SHE TOSSED THIS POOR DOG OVER THE FENCE! She was upset telling him that it was dead....he just said, I had told you to bring him in. He goes to take a short nap before he headed out to cut wood. He said that she came in and said that the dog was alive...that it had sat up and was looking at her. She brings it in and warms it up and he said that it was getting around better, etc. I could not believe it! OMG! Can you believe this???

I did everything I could not to blow a gasket.....we kept talking dogs and I asked if they were really bringing in money or if they were just taking what money they didn't have. He said pretty much the latter......he said her money maker was the little dachshunds (sp)...so, I said that maybe she should find good homes for all the others and just stick w/ that. (I hope he talked to her about it, but I really doubt it). I asked if she sold locally and he said that sometimes she does...but she mainly goes to Oklahoma (I think Muskogee (sp)) to sell them.

So, I email my friend (he is out of town) and he said that I can contact the county animal control people and the humane society. And that, unfortunately there isn?t an agency that handles situations like this. He sure wishes that there was and he understood how I felt...and oh, the lady sounds nuts! So, I just do not know what to do. Should I just try to forget it, so I try to do something? I told my DH that maybe the rest of the money she owes, could be given to us in the form of two dogs (our pick)...I don't know if he liked that idea or not. I kind of do not what people to buy these dogs, because it will keep this going on. But I want these dogs to be in warm, loving homes.

She isn't a licensed breeder, so she doesn't get inspected, I guess. (I am not up on what breeders go through). I found out that she is drawing money from the government on something (under her maiden name), but she is married (or they say they are married, she goes by his last name) - I know this because my aunts brother lives by these people had has befriended them. So, the whole situation just gets worse....just not very good! What should I do???

Thanks for listening to my long ramblings! I have just made myself sick worrying about these dogs!

Sorry this is soo long!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!