View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

I am retired and have had all the same problesm you've had. I put clear deoderant on everything thats wood in my kitchen. For as far up as she could reach. I can tell where I missed spots on the baseboards, cause she's chewed them.

She then chewed a hole in my lenolium! That hole, I put clear deoderant all over it, and she hasn't been back to that spot.

You can start crate training as soon as you get the dog. But I wouldn't leave the dog in there the whole time your at work.

Believe me, whatever your dog has chewed, its not the only dogs thats chewed it up! Do a search by using the search engine, on the dark blue bar above!

I have given her a lot of things to chew on, and that helped some. I would try all sorts of stuff to see what she likes the best. I know the Harpers Dental Chews she loved, and they last forever. I keep a good supply of them.

Right now your baby is teething. Mine still hasn't lost all her baby teeth just yet. She's 7 months old. She's even chewed a hole in my carpet and several rugs too.

Mine is a climber too. X-pen didn't last long. I put a baby gate up and she walked through one end, so right now, I have duct tape over those spots, till I can get something to cover that part. She's chewing the duct tape now. She can't climb this one, cause its made like jail bars, lol. Straight up and down. It does keep her in the kitchen, and I keep the dental chews out all the time for her in the kitchen.

I know, it can try your nerves, it did mine. I'd crate her when I had to go to the store, or leave for one or another reason, before I got the baby gate. And finding something that tasted better than wood to her wasn't easy. I just tried this and that, and kept at it, till I found something that lasts a long time, that she dearly loved. And a lot of clear deoderant on everything in reach.

This past week, I caught her peeling one of my hall doors. OMG.

I wonder if there will be a house left at times before she gets through this chewing stage.

She seems to be one step ahead of me. I'm not fixing anything till she gets out of the chewing stage!
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!