View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
margot.
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
great suggestion!! now i just have to find one

socialization is SO hard... especially because ALL of the dogs are bigger than our baby!! you know what REALLY helped layla... two things... 1) our beginner class was just layla and another dog (her Great Dane boyfriend!) which worked out SO well... because it was one on one.. so you might ask for a semi-private class with a relatively nice dog... just to ease him into it.. and 2) layla goes to daycare... it is her... two labs and a labradoodle puppy (who to be honest, she is not crazy about.. but it is SO good for her) its kinda like kids... going to preschool a few times a week to get socalized... see if you can find something like that around... it has done WONDERS for her confidence around big dogs... she is not scared of them at all! its the little ones we have to look out for! keep at it! Banks is very lucky to have such a dedicated parent! i wish you were in OUR class!
Thanks for the tip! I'm thinking maybe a few times a week in day care would be good for him. He won't have me to run to - not that I don't like it, I just want him to be cool around other dogs. Things are just so expensive here!! I suppose the expense is worth it so that he doesnt get beat up at the dog park!
margot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!