View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
margot.
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Bow Wow Meow, San Francisco - my experience

So my puppy class included a coupon for Bow Wow Meow products and grooming, so I figured I'd give them a try.
I dropped Banksy off at 12:30 on Sunday

me: when he going to be done?
Bow wow meow: oh...well we close at 6 so no later than that"
me: uhh...ok, so when is he done?
Bow wow meow: did you ask for an early out?
me: what's an early out?
bow wow: oh - they should have asked you that when you made the appointment, only the people with early outs can get their dog at a certain time
[Mind you - when I called to make the appointment, the woman on the phone told me that they just sit in their cages the entire time and it's not fun because I was thinking of dropping him off on a work day and picking him up after work - so I made an appointment for a sunday so that he wouldn't have to be there all day]
me: great...ok, well, I'd like for his hair-
bow wow: uhh - dont tell me, just tell the groomer
me: ok then

me: i'd like the puppy cut - please trim his body a little and face so that he can see, no bows.
groomer: uhh..yeah, ok.
(3 hours later...)
he's just been bathed and his nails have been clipped, he's sitting in a crate being blow dried and looking rather miserable. there are 2 other dogs there

one hour later I call:
Bow wow: bow wow meow?
me: hi, my puppy Banksy is there and I was just wondering when he'll be done
bow wow: uhhh...hang on (seriously...5 min. later) Oh he's not going to be done until 6
me: really? I dropped him off at 12:30...it really takes 5 and a half hours to groom him?
bow wow: did you ask for an early out?
me: no - this is my first time, I didnt know about it
bow wow: well, I dont know what to tell you. He's not going to be done until 6 (incidentally, closing time). we'll call you if it's earlier
me: ok than--CLICK

around 5:15 they call me and tell me he's ready
I rush over. The girl brings me THE WRONG DOG.
bow wow: here you go
me: that's not my dog
bow wow: are you sure
me: yup, I'm sure
bow wow: ok...

they finally bring him out. they cut ALL the hair on his head and a lot on his face... he looks TERRIBLE. They DID NOT trim the hair on his body AT ALL. All in all, not a great experience.

I run into a woman getting into my car that tells me (1) only go there on Mondays and ask for Alex (2) tell them when they screw up and (3) his haircut looks cute!! (which just sorta made me feel better about it.)
margot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!