View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #7
margot.
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
Ok, I have two - one year olds and a 16 week old - all Yorkies, all female. One of the older ones is getting quite snotty. She growls and gets in the way when the other dogs are coming in the house. If another dog is near me, she immediately runs over and shoves her way in between me and the other dog. (or at least tries to) She sometimes even growls when I pet one of the other dogs. I'm afraid that she may get really mean.

When I see these behaviors I give her a firm NO but it doesn't seem to phase her.

Any ideas of what to do and why she is doing this?

thanks,
omega
I saw an episode on the dog whisperer about a pack of Yorkies in which one was dominant and "sassy" towards the others. Cesar said it was because of how the owner was treating the dog and was nurtuing that behavior by picking her up, or soothing her when she was doing this. The owner had a special connection with this paticular dog which made the dog very possessive of him. Cesar fixed it by having him treat the aggressive dog like the others...It doesn't sound like that's what you're doing at all. Is she the bossy one out of the bunch? Hopefully you'll find a solution soon!!
margot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!