View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
ladydinj
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Too much cottage cheese

Missy is 12.5 weeks old and after having her for 3 weeks, I noticed that after the third week she wasn't eating as much of her food (Eukanova dry kibble mixed with Caesar wet food) as when I first got her from the breeder. Eukanova mixed with Caesar was the food that the breeder recommended and even sent us home with some.
After reading several threads on Yorkietalk, I learned that some Yorkie's get bored with their food so I didn't worry. I also saw a thread about cottage cheese so last week I mixed in a little cottage cheese with her Eukanova mix and she ate every last morsel of it. I did this for the next two days and each day she ate less and less. Now three days later (about 6 meals later with cottage cheese mix) she seems to be getting bored with this mix. I suppose it may be the Eukanova since she has been eating that since she was born so I plan to try and eliminate that altogether.
I plan to try Canidae All Life stages which I also read about on Yorkietalk, but I want to know am I able to give her cottage cheese every day or is that too much? How often do you think a pup be given cottage cheese? Any other suggestions? We have the most finicky little pets, but you gotta love em!
Thanks so much in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missy pics 006.jpg (149.9 KB, 13 views)

Visit Missy at: www.dogster.com/dogs/468523
ladydinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!